It looks as if the Ecto-1A from Ghostbusters II will be joining the Hot Wheel’s Retro Entertainment Series in 2014!
Earlier this week, popular collector site T-Hunted posted the below information/release schedule when it pertains to the popular 1:64 line:
- Batch A: USS Enterprise (Star Trek), 1980 Dodge Macho Power Wagon (Simon & Simon), Flintmobile (Flintstones), VW Beetle (Herbie The Love Bug), 2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8 (Fast & Furious).
- Batch B: Ferrari Dino 246 GTS (Hart to Hart), Jetsons Capsule (Jetsons), Custom ’77 Dodge Van (Old School), ’67 GTO (Need for Speed), GMC Motorhome (Stripes).
- Batch C: Back To The Future, Need for Speed, Simon & Simon, James Bond.
- Batch D: Karate Kid, Knight Rider, Fast & Furious, James Bond, Tomy Boy.
- Batch E: Zoolander, James Bond, Simpsons, Beverly Hills 90210, Anchorman.
- Batch F: BJ and the Bear, James Bond, Ghostbusters II, Back To The Future, Batman.
No real word yet an on exact release month.
Oh, and before we forget…
Mattel has announced a 1:18 scale Anniversary Edition of the Ecto-1. No real details have been announced on how it’ll differ from the Ecto that was released a few years back, but we’ll keep you updated as more info becomes available.
IDW writer Erik Burnham continues the hype train in regards to the ongoing Ghostbusters comic, this time speaking with the fine folks over at ComicVine.com. While you should certainly click here and give it a read, the article also played host to your first look at several different covers for the upcoming “Mass Hysteria!” series + your very first look at the return of Extreme Ghostbusters’ Eduardo!
Click here to check out the interview.
Collectors take note!
The prototype figure of Samhain, used on the backcard of all Extreme Ghostbusters action figures is currently up for auction on eBay! The price as of this posting is at $525 without any bids as of yet.
To check out the auction or additional images, click here.
Thanks to Bigpaw Sinatra for the heads up!
Artist Tristan Jones has revealed his subscription cover for Issue #13 of IDW’s Ghostbusters:
Here’s what Tristan had to say about the piece:
Here’s the subscription cover I’ve done for Ghostbusters #13, out in January I believe. You’ve got to get in to your comic shops and tell them you want this, because that’s the ONLY way you can get these particular covers. They ONLY go to comic shops and ONLY if you tell them you want them. They’re kinda “special order” type covers. I’ll be doing at least six more of these throughout the 30th anniversary year next year, all of them will be related to the The Real Ghostbusters! Big thanks to Luis for helping me out with the colors on this one, too!
Be sure to “like” Tristan’s Facebook page to stay up to date with all of his Ghostbusters happenings.
The fine folks over at Following the Nerd had the chance to discuss IDW’s Ghostbusters series with writer Erik Burnham. Burnham dropped EVEN MORE news regarding the upcoming Mass Hysteria! series, X-Files crossover, Louis Tully and the return of Extreme Ghostbusters’ Eduardo!
Mass Hysteria! news:
- He did confirm that it would be an 8-part massive series and it would feature a God – not Gozer – but Tiahmat, the Mesopotamian goddess of chaos. She will attack the world, having had earth drawn to her attention when the Ghostbusters exploded a proton pack a while back in the series when they were trapped in another dimension which sent ripples through to her dimension.
- He also revealed that it will be packed with nods and tidbits to the 30 years of history that Ghostbusters now has, including the return of Louis Tully, who they finally have the rights to use.
- Still can’t use Dana.
A little bit of X-Files information:
- He confirmed he knows the whole story and the GB part of it will see the Lone Gunmen visiting the Firehouse. He pointed out that with Mulder and Scully they would be careful not to push things that say ‘Do Not Push’, whereas the Gunmen would ‘poke it with a stick’. This will result in a ghost being released in the ghosthouse and hijinks ensuing.
And last but certainly not least:
Oh, one final thing, Extreme Ghostbusters fans should keep their eyes peeled for Eduardo who will be appearing very, very soon…
The podcast won’t be live until next week, but we suggest subscribing so you can listen to this interview ASAP!
Source: Following the Nerd